February 27th, 2023
A couple weeks ago someone asked me, “What type of Yoga do you teach?” Well, it’s a great question. In a nutshell, my hope is to offer 2 things.
I want to offer a yoga that we can do throughout our entire life. ~ Functional Yoga.
I want to offer a yoga that focuses towards basic postures. ~ Foundational Yoga.
My classes are offered in the seasonal seaside town of El Sargento, BCS, Mexico.
It’s quite possible that your time here is the only time you practice yoga. Generally our lives seem to be more relaxed here, making more space to practice. It’s also possible that you have a solid yoga practice at home and would like to continue your practice while you are here.
Either way, my classes offer function and foundation to support every body at every level.
This Week’s Classes
(Las clases de esta semana)
The season is flying by and some of you may be thinking about your Summer plans. That’s why for the month of March we will be focusing on how to create a home/travel plan. Every week we will be discussing ways to help continue your practice after leaving for the season. See you in class.
Here’s a few things we will discuss this week in class.
- Time Saving ~ You don’t have to travel, park your car, or have to wait in line to check into class. There also is no need to arrive early to get your favorite spot in the room!
- Less worry ~ In your rush to get to a class, have you ever forgotten something like your yoga mat? Or realized you left your water bottle on the kitchen counter? With a home practice, these things are less likely of an issue.
- No Props ~ Last week I introduced my line of quality yoga products. This month we will see how to make props with items from your home.
Last week we practiced a new “Centering In” exercise. This is where we take a few moments at the beginning of class to separate our lives in the “real world” and our time practicing Yoga. Using the Ocean (Ujjayi) Breath and small repetitive movements to center your focus and allow thoughts to subside. Here’s a video with my favorite teacher, Lillah Schwartz explaining the exercise. Maybe you can find a few moments to practice this week.
Click here to see my current class schedule.
Additional Offerings ~ Yoga Nidra, Sound Immersion, Meditation, Restorative, Yin, Hatha, Vinyasa, Reiki, Corporate sessions, Events. Click here to learn more.
Private Sessions – Do you have needs that you feel are unable to be met in a group yoga class? A private session might be the right choice for you. Whether you are new to yoga or looking to deepen your existing practice, a one-on-one lesson can be tailored to your suit individual needs. Experience the many benefits yoga can provide in a safe and personalized way.
***If you can’t make a class, and you are in the La Ventana Bay area, get 3 or more people together and I am happy to offer semi-private classes for 200mxn per person***
Upcoming Events/ Eventos
- Restorative Alignment Yoga – Every Thursday 9-10am ~ 200mxn Casa del Tio R., La Ventana
- FREE Wing Foiling warmup ~ March 3rd 8-8:30am ~ Playa Central
- Restorative Alignment w/Sensory Experience ~ March 8th 6-7:15pm ~ Casa del Tio R., La Ventana ~ 250mxn
- Wing Foiling Workshop ~ March 15th 9-11:30am ~ Casa del Tio R. ~ 500mxn
5-pack pass for 900mxn (Paquete de 5 pases por 900mxn)
Quote of the Week
(Expresar por la semana)
“Change only happens in the present moment. The past is already done. The future is just energy and intention.”― Kino MacGregor
Leave a Reply